Yield: 12 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|8 ounces||Nonfat yogurt; vanilla|
|½ cup||Raisins; dark|
|½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1½ cup||Shredded carrots; 3|
|½ cup||Applesauce; unsweetened (I used a small jar of Gerbers Baby Applesauce)|
|⅓ cup||Brown sugar|
From: Naralon Thorn <nthorn@...> Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 00:26:25 -0400 Recipe By: Recipe from Good Housekeeping 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ginger.
3. In a separate bowl combine carrots, yogurt, eggs, applesauce, raisins, brown sugar and vanilla.
4. Combine both mixtures just until flour is moistened.
5. Spoon into pans, and bake 30 mins. or until they test done (dry in center).
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. (I did not) Per serving: 182⅗ Calories; 1.0g Fat (5⅒% calories from fat); 4.7g Protein 39.9g Carbohydrate; 30mg Cholesterol; 240mg Sodium If you are not concerned about salt intake - I would use 1 whole tsp - but it tastes good with only ½ teaspoon.
From the EAT-LF recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .