Yield: 1 servings
|4 teaspoons||Olive oil|
|1 large||Clove garlic, minced|
|½ cup||Chopped onion|
|2 cups||Peeled, cubed eggplant|
|1½ cup||Peeled, seeded, chopped|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
|1½ teaspoon||Balsamic vinegar|
|¼ cup||Chopped, fresh basil or|
|\N \N||1-1/2 ts dried basil|
|4 teaspoons||Toasted sesame seeds|
1. In medium skillet, heat olive oil, and saute garlic and onion until
onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in eggplant and tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook over low heat until eggplant is tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in vinegar and basil.
5. Cook uncovered 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. NOTE: 1 teaspoon sesame seeds = 15 calories (1 joker).
If you can't find balsamic vinegar, (I hope you can because it is delicious), try malt vinegar or red wine vinegar, or natural rice vinegar.
Be adventurous. There are lots of vinegars out there.
Know your vegetables. Choose an eggplant that has a smooth, glossy surface. Avoid an eggplant that is dull looking and/or soft.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 1 Vegetable 1 Fat 1 Joker 91 Calories Taken from Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Golden Edition Cookbook Enjoy!