Yield: 4 servings
|1 pounds||Pork, diced|
|2||Cloves garlic, minced|
|¼ pounds||Pork liver, diced|
|2 tablespoons||Patis (fish sauce)|
|¼ teaspoon||MSG (optional)|
|1 cup||Frozen pigs blood|
|3||Hot banana peppers|
|¼ teaspoon||Oregano (optional)|
1. Cover pork with water and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from broth and dice. Save 1-½ cups of broth.
2. In a 2-quart stainless steel or porcelain saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions for a few minutes. Add pork, liver, patis, salt and MSG. Saute for 5 minutes more.
3. Add vinegar and bring to a boil without stirring. Lower heat and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in blood and sugar; cook until thick, stirring occasionally to avoid curdling.
5. Add hot banana peppers and oregano and cook 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Serves 4 Recipes by Dennis Santiago, TWS bbs (1-310-676-0492), formatted by Manny Rothstein (1/24/94)
Submitted By MICHELLE BRUCE On 04-06-95