Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Whole garlic bulbs --|
|½ cup||Vegetable oil|
|½ cup||White wine|
|1 tablespoon||Garlic -- minced|
|Bay leaves -- for garnish|
|Oil -- for drizzling|
1. Rinse clay pot with warm water and then soak in warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Wash chicken thoroughly under cold water and remove giblets & neck and refrigerate for another purpose if desired. Reserve chicken on a clean platter.
3. Take a large ziplock bag-large enough to fit the entire chicken-and marinade ingredients in the bag. Put chicken in the bag with marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours or more. Every hour remove bag from refrigerator
and make sure all parts of bird are covered with marinade in the bag.
4. After chicken has marinated 2 hours or more, put whole bird in clay pot with breast side up. Wash garlic gently to remove any dirt and cut the very top portion of each bulb off with kitchen shears.
Arrange rinsed whole garlic around bird and a few bay leaves if desired. Drizzle each garlic bulb with up to 1 tablespoon of oil and gently close lid of clay cooker.
5. Gently put clay cooker in cold oven and turn temperature on to 450. Roast bird for 1 hour and 25 minutes. A 4 pound bird will come out roasted to perfection at that cooking time.
Recipe By : Paulette Motzko From: Shermeyer-Gail Date: 14 Apr 97 Mastercook Recipes (Mailing List) C4