Yield: 8 servings
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|16||Almond macaroons, crumbled|
|½ cup||Sliced almonds, toasted|
|½ pounds||Pitted prunes, chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Grated orange rind|
|½ pounds||Bittersweet chocolate|
|¼ cup||(1/2 stick) butter|
|1 cup||(1/2 pint) heavy cream|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder|
1. Line bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with waxed paper. In small bowl, combine orange juice and crumbled macaroons, stirring to blend and moisten crumbs.
2. In medium-size bowl, combine almonds, prunes, and orange rind; set aside.
3. In top of double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and beat in butter until melted. Beat in cream until well blended.
4. Spread macaroon mixture in bottom of prepared pan and top with half of chocolate mixture. Top with almond and-prune mixture, then layer with remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
5. To serve, remove side of springform pan from cake. Invert cake onto plate. Remove waxed paper and invert cake again, chocolate side up, onto serving plate. Sift cocoa over top.
Country Living Holidays/1994 Scanned & edited by Di Pahl & <gg>