Yield: 6 Servings
|1 quart||Vanilla ice cream|
|1 cup||Vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers, crushed)|
|½ cup||Finely chopped pecans|
|½ cup||MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes|
|3 tablespoons||HERSHEY'S Cocoa|
|3 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|⅓ cup||Pecan pieces|
|¼ cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa|
|½||Cup light cream|
|½||Teaspoon vanilla extract|
CHOCOLATE NUT SAUCE
1. With scoop, form 6 ice cream balls. Place on wax-paper-covered tray. Cover; freeze several hours or until very firm.
2. In bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, coconut and cocoa; set aside. In small bowl, beat eggs.
3. Coat ice cream balls with crumb mixture, pressing crumbs firmly into ice cream. Dip balls in beaten egg; coat again with crumb mixture. Place on wax-paper-covered tray; freeze 2 hours or until very firm.
4. Just before serving, heat 2-inches oil in fry pan or deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Remove 2 balls at a time from freezer; fry in hot oil 20 to 25 seconds or until browned. Drain; serve immediately with CHOCOLATE NUT SAUCE. 6 servings. CHOCOLATE NUT SAUCE 1. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add nuts, cooking until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, cocoa and salt. Blend in light cream.
2. Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. About 1 cup sauce.
[Copyright 1995 Hershey Foods Corporation.] [Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.] [Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias]