Yield: 1 Servings
|3||Ttb olive oil|
|6||Cloves garlic; whole but peeled|
|1||3 lb chicken cut in 4; skin on|
|Salt and black pepper; to taste|
|½ cup||Chicken broth; (up to 1)|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped parsley|
|1||Bay leaf; crumbled|
1. Wash chicken and season with salt and pepper. Let stand 2 hours in the fridge.
2. Drain chicken pieces thoroughly.
3. Heat the oils in a frying pan large enough to hold pieces comfortably 4. Add chicken pieces, skin side down to brown.
5. Turn pieces and add garlic cloves , onion, chili pepper and herbs. Turn down heat a little so fat doesn't burn.
6. Once chicken is brown on both sides add salt, pepper and wine. Allow wine to bubble rapidly over high heat, turn down heat, cover and cook over medium heat.. Cook 35 minutes.
7. Turn pieces every 15 minutes, adding broth as they begin to dry.
8. Transfer to a warm plate, pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #946 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Dec 06, 1997