Yield: 6 Servings
|3||Whole; boned and skinned chicken breasts|
|1 pounds||Puff pastry|
|1||Egg yolk ; to glaze|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
|3 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|½ pounds||Cooked ham|
|6||Dry funghi porcini|
|1 teaspoon||Madeira wine|
|½ pounds||Mushrooms; sliced|
|2 cups||Chicken broth|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
1. Split breasts in half and pound them thin.
2. Combine marinade ingredients and marinate breasts 2 hours.
3. Soak mushrooms in warm water for 1 hour 4. Cook shallots in the butter . Squeeze out liquid from funghi and add to shallots. Saute 3 minutes.Chill 5. Drain chicken breasts and saute them in butter very quickly 2 minutes on each side, they must not cook, just slightly brown. Chill.
6. Process ham , shallots,Madeira , tarragon, pepper and funghi to a paste.
Add egg white and process 30 seconds. Chill 1 hour.
7. Add cream to the stuffing.
8.Roll out dough( do this in 2 parts, leaving the dough that's not being used in the fridge) Divide into six 6 by 8" rectangles. Place 1 chicken breast in the center and top with 1 tbs ham mousse. Baste edges with very little water and fold the 4 sides of the dough over the mousse. Place in an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, until you have 6 packages. Use trimmings for decoration. Baste with egg yolk and bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Turn down heat to 300 and bake another 15 minutes.
Sauce: Cook mushrooms and shallots in butter until all the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the broth and cook stirring until it thickens. Cook 3 minutes over high heat Blend egg yolks and cream and add to sauce. Bring almost to a boil and serve over chicken packages.
NOTES : You may omit the egg yolks You may substitute milk for the cream Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #937 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Nov 30, 1997