Yield: 6 servings
|4 \N||Boneless chicken breast halves|
|¼ teaspoon||Light salt|
|⅛ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Sauterne or dry white wine|
|¼ cup||Chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon juice|
|4 ounces||To 8 oz thinly sliced mushrooms|
|2 tablespoons||Drained capers|
|4 \N||Thin lemon slices|
|¼ cup||Chopped fresh parsley|
1. Rinse breasts and pat dry. Pound out to ¼ inch thick.
2. In bowl, blend flour, salt, pepper. Coat both sides of breasts.
3. In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter till "foamy". Add chicken - 2 minutes per side just enough to cook meat.
Transfer to plate and set aside.
4. Pour off all but light film of fat and drippings. Increase to medium high heat. Add wine, broth, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Reduce by half.
5. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Garnish with capers, lemon, lime, parsley. Serve immediately.
Suggestion: server chicken and sauce over linguine or rice! Notes: I'm used to seeing this recipe with heavy cream used as the base, but it still looks good!