Yield: 10 servings
|¼ cup||Butter or margarine|
|2 cups||Cheddar cheese,grated|
1. Melt butter in a saucepan; blend in flour, stirring.
2. Add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
3. Add cheese; continue cooking only until cheese is melted.
4. Stir in rice, parsley and seasonings; remove from heat.
5. Slowly add egg yolks, well beaten, stirring to blend.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gently fold cheese mixture into egg whites.
7. Pour mixture into an oiled 2½-quart casserole; with back of spoon, make a groove around top of souffle about 1 inch from edge of dish.
8. Bake in preheated 325'F. oven 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Submitted By MICHAEL ORCHEKOWSKI On 10-10-94