Yield: 1 Servings
|2 pounds||Pork roast|
|1 can||Chipotle chilies|
|½ \N||Head of cabbage shredded|
|2 \N||Cloves of garlic|
|1 \N||Onion chopped|
|½ cup||Oil or to taste|
|2 \N||Dozen tostadas|
|\N \N||Black pepper to taste|
|\N \N||Salt to taste|
By Julia Venancia, Francisca Contrera and Emilia Ruiz We are Mexican. We cooked Carne Polaca. It is good food for the Mexican. We used a lot of pork in Mexico because it is economical. We cooked Carne Polaca in parties or when we have a reunions with friends. Usually the Carne Polaca is a tradition Mexican food. We feel happy when we make Mexican food because it is a principal food of Mexico 1. Boil pork in water one hour with 4 cloves smashed and one onion chopped.
2. Heat skillet three hundred fifty degrees.
3. Shred the meat.
4. Blend the chili chipotle, garlic ,cumin ,black pepper and cloves.
5. Mince the cabbage and onions.
6. Place the cabbage in a bowl of water.
7. Drain the cabbage.
8. Cook the onion in the oil 5 minutes and fry the cabbage 5 minutes.
9. Add the salt and pepper.
10. Add the meat place the chipotle and one cup of ketchup in the blender and blend until smooth.
11. Put the cumin, cloves, black pepper, salt, chile chipotle, garlic, and ketchup into the skillet . Add three cups of salsa 12. Cook 5 minutes then eat and enjoy.
Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V4 #282 by Judy Howle <howle@...> on Jan 24, 1998