Yield: 60 Cookies
|¾ cup||Unsalted butter; room temp|
|⅓ cup||Sweetened coconut; shredded|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla or coconut extract|
|½ teaspoon||Peppermint extract|
|1 dash||Red food colouring|
1. Chop coconut in food processor until finely pulverized. Set aside.
2. In large bowl with mixer, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in egg until pale and fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in flour just until blended.
3. Divide dough in half. Into one half, mix coconut and vanilla. Into other half, mix peppermint extract and red food colouring. Chill both 1 hr, until firm enough to handle.
4. Working with small amount of each at a time, roll into ¼"-thick rope.
Cut into 3" lengths and twist red and white piece together to make each cookie. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet and shape into candy canes.
5. Bake at 350F for 8-10 mins until bottoms are just barely golden. Cool on rack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Per cookie: 48 calories, 3g fat (56% CFF) 10 mg chol, 26mg sodium
Contributor: Woman's Day, Nov 22/94 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 252 by Cathleen <catht@...> on Nov 13, 1997