Yield: 24 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|8 ounces||Soft cream cheese w/ pineapple|
|¼ cup||Golden raisins|
1. Measure lemon juice into custard cup. Save until step 3.
2. (Get an adult to help with this step.) -- On cutting board, cut each apple into 8 wedges using utility knife. Cut off and throw away the core of the apple.
3. With pastry brush, brush lemon juice on cut surfaces of apple wedges to keep them from turning brown.
4. Spoon cream cheese on top of cut apple wedge, pusing cheese from small spoon with table knife.
5. Arrange 3 or 4 raisin "bugs" on cream cheese. Place on serving tray.
Serve right away, or cover and store in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
Variations: Substitute soft cream cheese w/ strawberries or plain soft cream cheese for the cream cheese with pineapple.
Recipe by: The Pillsbury Doughboy's Kids Cookbook Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 664 by GramWag@... on Feb 1, 1998