Yield: 3 Meals
|2 pounds||Turkey drumsticks fresh or frozen|
|⅛ teaspoon||Poultry seasoning|
Provides cooked turkey for 3 meals 1. Thaw frozen drumsticks in refrigerator.
2. Brown drumsticks in hot frypan--about 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with seasonings.
4. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender--about 1-½ hours. Turn drumsticks halfway through cooking.
5. Measure cooking liquid Spoon off as much of the fat layer as possible. Add water to liquid, if necessary, to make 1-½ cups. Save ½ cup for Braised Turkey with Gravy (p. 38).
6. Separate meat from skin and bones. Dice and save ⅔ cup turkey for Turkey Spanish Rice ( p. 52 ). Dice and save ¾ cup turkey for Turkey-Potato Salad (p. 51).
Serve remainder of turkey for dinner (see Braised Turkey with Gravy).
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias