Yield: 8 Servings
|1 cup||Butter -- softened|
|½ cup||Confectioner's sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|FILLING AND TOPPING|
|½ cup||Ricotta cheese|
|¼ cup||Confectioner's sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Confectioner's sugar|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|2 cups||Fresh blueberries|
1. Beat butter and confectioners' sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
2. At low speed, beat in flour, ½ cup at a time, until dough forms.
Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 min.
3. Preheat oven to 350deg. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll each dough half into an 8 in. round. Place 1 round on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Cut remaining round into 8 equal wedges. Place wedges on baking sheet.
5. Bake shortbread until just set, 15 to 20 min. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly. Transfer shortbread to rack to cool completely.
6. To prepare filling, mix together ricotta cheese, ¼ cup confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
7. To assemble, place shortbread round on a plate. Spoon filling over shortbread; sprinkle with 1½ cups blueberries. Dust wedges with remaining confectioners' sugar. Arrange wedges and remaining berries over filling.
WATCH BAKING TIME CAREFULLY; SHORTBREAD MUST NOT BROWN.
Recipe By :