Yield: 1 Servings
|1¼ cup||WATER; (10 oz)|
|3 cups||All purpose FLOUR|
|¼ cup||Pumpernickel FLOUR|
|¼ cup||Whole Wheat FLOUR|
|2 teaspoons||Active dry YEAST|
****Directions for baking Bread in clay cookware: 1. Rub Flour on sides and bottom of clay pot.
2. Remove dough ball from bread machine and place on oiled counter top.
3. Form dough into one oblong loaf.
4. Completely cover shaped dough ball with flour and place in clay pot bottom.
5. Let rise 1-3 hours covered in warm place.
6. Soak TOP of Clay Pot in HOT water for at least 15 minutes 7. Place soaked clay pot COVER on clay pot bottom.
8. Put into COLD oven. -- Set oven temperature at 450 degrees.
9. Bake 45 minutes.
10. Remove cover, check for doneness and color.
(In my oven, this is enough time for the bread to be done and nicely browned, however ovens vary, so if necessary, bread may be baked/browned an additional 15 minutes UN- covered) (Bread will be done when a finger thump on the loafs surface sounds hollow) 11. Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Posted to KitMailbox Digest by ClayCooker <ClayCooker@...> on Apr 17, 1998