Yield: 48 Servings
|1½ cup||Sifted all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|2 \N||Sticks butter; softened|
|½ cup||Firmly packed light brown sugar|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1½ cup||Old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1 cup||Semisweet chocolate chips|
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. Beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended. Fold in oats and chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 baking sheets.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place cookies, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly.
6. Bake cookies until lightly browned around edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer baking sheets to wire racks to cool slightly. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
FROM "GREAT AMERICAN HOME
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .