Yield: 2 Servings
|1 pack||(8 oz) thin egg noodles|
|4 tablespoons||Fish sauce*|
|4 tablespoons||Lime juice|
|4 tablespoons||Tomato puree|
|1 tablespoon||Hot red pepper flakes|
|½ cup||Ground peanuts|
|½ cup||Vegetable oil|
|4||Cloves garlic; minced|
|1||Square tofu; drained and cubed|
|1 pounds||Chicken; in bite sized pieces|
|8 larges||Shrimp; (optional)|
|4||Eggs; lightly beaten|
|2 cups||Bean sprouts|
|4||Scallions; cut in pieces|
|Ground peanuts; for garnish|
|Lemon wedges; for garnish|
|Cucumber slices; for garnish|
|Corriander; for garnish|
1. Partially cook the noodles and allow to cool; set aside.
2. Mix together fish sauce, lime juice, tomato puree, sugar and red pepper flakes; set aside.
3. Grind peanuts in food processor (at least ½ cup plus extra for garnish). Prepare and assemble all other ingredients.
4. In a large wok, over medium heat brown the garlic in oil. Add tofu, chicekn and shrimp and saute until lightly browned.
5. Add eggs and continue to stir fry.
6. Add drained noodles and fish sauce mixture; stir fry 3 minutes.
7. Add peanuts, bean sprouts and scallion; stir fry 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, add garnish and serve.
Notes: If you cannot locate fish sauce you can use soy sauce but it will change the flavour.
from the recipe files of RecipeLu <recipelu@...> Recipe by: Bamboo Club Restaurant Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Feb 19, 1998