Yield: 1 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1 small||Red onion; finely chopped|
|1 large||Garlic clove; minced|
|½ pounds||Ground turkey|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 can||(28 oz) crushed tomatoes|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped fresh marjoram; (or 1 tsp. dried)|
|½ teaspoon||Dried pepperoncini peppers; crushed, (to taste)|
|8 ounces||Unsalted fresh mozzarella cheese; grated|
Tony Lima (TonyLima@...)
1. In large, nonstick pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
2. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Season with salt and pepper, then add tomatoes, chiles, and marjoram Bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce cook for about 30 minutes or until thickened.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 6. Cook the ziti to al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce and toss.
7. Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is lightly brown. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V4 #282 by TonyLima@... (Tony Lima) on Jan 24, 1998