Yield: 20 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Water; (or less)|
|1 teaspoon||Almond extract|
|Icing for drizzling|
|Nuts if desired|
Source: Temple Gates of Heaven cooking workshop, circa 1978 Yield: 2 12-inch pastries, about 10 servings each 1. Combine flour and margarine of Dough 1 as for pie dough. Add the water and gather into a ball.
2. Divide in 2 and pat each half into a 12x3 strip on a cookie sheet. (It's important to make them 12 inches long and you can put them side by side on the same cookie sheet.)
3. In a medium saucepan, heat the margarine and water of Dough 2 and bring to a boil. Add the almond extract and remove from heat.
4. Immediately stir in the flour and mix until smooth.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, combining thoroughly after each addition.
(This is just like a cream puff dough and takes a little muscle to combine.)
6. Spread the mixture evenly over each strip. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
7. When partially cool, drizzle with icing. Add nuts if desired.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest Volume 98 #007 by fancymom@... (Frances Kahn) on Jan 5, 1998