Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons||B sugar|
|1||Active dry yeast|
|2 tablespoons||B margarine|
ts o 2½ cups unsifted flour
1. Mix ¾ cup of the flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast.
2. Heat milk, water and margarine to 120-130 F. (I use my temp. probe of my microwave for this. It works great!) 3. Gradually add milk mixture to dry mixture and beat 2 min. at medium speed of mixer. Add ¼ cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough additional flour to make soft dough.
4. On floured board knead 2 to 3 minutes. (I use dough hook on mixer.
Works very well)
5. Divide dough into 8-12 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Place in an 8-inch round pan.
6. Pour a 1-inch depth of boiling water into large pan on bottom rack of cold oven. Set rolls on rack above water. Cover. Close oven door; let rise 30 minutes .
7. Remove the cover! Remove pan of water! 8. Turn oven on to 375 F. Bake 20-25 minutes or til rolls are light golden in color. Remove from pan to cool. Serve Warm.
Recipe in Fleischmann's advertisement in about 1982-1983.