Yield: 1 servings
|½ cup||Vegetable oil|
|4 \N||Double cut veal loin chops; bone in (12-14 oz|
|\N \N||; each), butterflied|
|\N \N||; and pounded 1/4|
|\N \N||; inch thick|
|\N \N||Salt & pepper|
|2 \N||Eggs; beaten with 2|
|\N \N||; tablespoon milk|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|½ pounds||Ham; small diced|
|\N \N||; (Smithfield or any|
|\N \N||; cured ham)|
|2 tablespoons||Minced shallots|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped garlic|
|¾ cup||Fresh or frozen green peas|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|½ pounds||Fettucine pasta; cooked until tender|
|4 ounces||Grated parmesan cheese|
|1 tablespoon||Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Divide the vegetable oil between to 2 large saute pans. Pre-heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Season flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs with salt/pepper.
4. Dredge each veal chop in the seasoned flour. Dip each chop in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. And then, dredge each chop in the seasoned breadcrumbs, coating each side completely.
5. Pan fry 2 chops in each pan until golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Season with salt/pepper and place on parchment lined baking sheet and set-aside.
7. In another large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the ham. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlicup Season with salt/pepper. Saute for 1 minute. Add the peas and saute for another 2 minutes. (place chops in the oven and bake for 4 minutes.) 8. Stir in the heavy cream to the ham/pea mixture. Season with salt/pepper.
Bring the liquid up to a general boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. In a mixing bowl, toss cooked fettucine with cream mixture and ¼ cup cheese. Season with salt/pepper and toss well.
10. To serve, mound the pasta in the center of 4 large bowls. Place the veal chops directly on top of the pasta and sprinkle each with remaining cheese. Garnish each bowl with parsley.
Yields 4 servings.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : From Chef and author Emeril Lagasse Recipe by: Good Morning America Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.