Yield: 4 servings
|1 pounds||Tortellini; spinach-filled, see pantry note|
|2 cups||Broccoli florets; steamed|
|2 cups||Asparagus spears; trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths|
|1½ cup||Cut carrots; finely julienned|
|½ cup||Fat-free mustard vinaigrette; see pantry note|
|2 tablespoons||Minced parsley|
|2 teaspoons||Minced fresh thyme|
|2 tablespoons||Minced fresh basil|
|1 large||Garlic clove; crushed|
|3 tablespoons||Minced green onions|
|\N \N||Freshly ground black pepper|
|4 teaspoons||Fat-free parmesan cheese; topping|
Make salad at least 30 minutes ahead so that the flavors have time to develop.
PANTRY: You will need tortellini stuffed with your choice of filling: spinach, nuts, cheese, mushroom, and/or meat. VINAIGRETTE: To make a standard (not low-fat) vinaigrette: whisk ¼ cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
1) Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Steam the broccoli florets, asparagus and carrots.
2) Whisk the vinaigrette in a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients.
3) Stir in the parsley, thyme, basil and garlic.
4) Add the tortellini, broccoli, asparagus, carrots and green onions and stir gently. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Cover.
6) To serve, return to room temperature. 4 servings. EACH 292 cals, 9g fat (27% cff) estimated by MasterCook.
>Recipe adapted from one credited to Marion Burros. >>Orlando Ramirez, The Press-Enterprise, 03/10/99(Wed), "Asparagus" >>>Edited: Lowfat; plus Parmesan (topping) by kitpath@... (Pat Hanneman) NOTES : Here's a pasta salad idea for a light dinner or portable lunch.
Recipe by: Marion Burros, Modified 3/99 Posted to EAT-LF Digest by PatHanneman <kitpath@...> on Mar 10, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.