Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|8||Thomas Walls Sausages|
|2 tablespoons||Peanut oil|
|1 bunch||Spring onions; very thickly sliced|
|2||Cm; (1in) piece fresh|
|; root ginger, cut|
|; into matchsticks|
|1||Piece lemon grass; cut into|
|3 mediums||Carrots; cut into|
|2||Red chillies; cored, deseeded and|
|; cut into thin|
|1 large||Aubergine; cut into large|
|175 grams||French beans; trimmed and|
|; blanched (6oz)|
|2 tablespoons||Red curry paste|
|150 millilitres||Coconut milk; (1/4pt)|
|Pared rind and juice of 1 lime|
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the sausages for 10 mins, turning occasionally until golden.
2. Meanwhile heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan until smoking. Add the spring onions, ginger, lemon grass, shallots, carrots and chillies and stir-fry for 2 mins.
3. Add the aubergine, French beans and curry paste and cook for 1 min.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, lime rind and juice and stir-fry for 5 mins, until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced and thickened. Remove the sausages from the pan and cut into chunks.
5. Divide the stir-fry between warmed serving plates and top with sausages.
Garnish with wedges of lime.
Cooks Tips For extra flavour stir 45ml (3tbsp) of freshly chopped coriander into the stir-fry just before serving.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.