Yield: 1 servings
|1½ cup||Brown sugar; firmly packed|
|1 cup||Butter; softened|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla; real|
|2¼ cup||Pillsbury BEST flour|
|2½ cup||Quick-cooking oats|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|\N \N||Brown or chocolate decorator icing|
|\N \N||Red M & Ms|
1. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and baking soda; mix well. Add to brown sugar mixture; blend well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
3. Heat oven to 375*F. For each bear, form two ½ inch balls and one 1½ inch ball. Place the large ball on ungreased cookie sheet; place smaller pieces on top to form ears. Flatten dough slightly; crimp edges with fork.
Repeat with remaining dough, placing large balls of dough 3 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. To decorate, use small round tip on decorator icing; pipe icing on each cookie for eyes and mouth. For nose, use small amount of icing to secure M&M on cookie. Let icing set before storing. Store in lightly covered container.
2 dozen large cookies.
NOTES : A friend will be very pleased to recieve a basket filled with = these oatmeal bears. Tuck a little stuffed bear holding the recipe into the = basket along with the cookies. Makes a great baby shower gift! Recipe by: Pillsbury Classic Cookies and Bars Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by candi@... (Candi) on Sep 08, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.