Yield: 4 Servings
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce (see recipes for "Sweet-and-Pungent Sauces" in this cookbook). Keep warm in its saucepan.
2. Skin and bone chicken; then shred. Sprinkle with salt; let stand a few minutes.
3. Beat egg. Dip chicken in egg; then dredge lightly in cornstarch.
4. Heat oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 1 minute).
5. Transfer chicken to sweet-and-pungent sauce and stir in over medium heat to cook through and blend flavors (about 2 minutes). Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .