Yield: 6 Servings
|½ pounds||Fish fillets|
|1 tablespoon||Smoked ham|
|1 tablespoon||Peanut oil|
|3 \N||Sprigs Chinese parsley; more or less|
1. Separate eggs. Boil water, then let cool slightly.
2. Mince fish and add, with half the water and salt, to egg whites. Beat lightly.
3. Mince smoked ham and add, with remaining water and salt, to egg yolks.
4. Pour egg white mixture into a shallow heatproof dish. Slowly pour egg yolk mixture over as a separate layer on top.
5. Steam over low heat until eggs set (about 20 minutes). See "How-to Section".
6. In another pan, heat oil to smoking; then pour over eggs immediately.
Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve right in the steaming dish.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .