Yield: 6 servings
|450 grams||Fresh young spinach; (1lb)|
|½ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon||Sunflower oil; plus extra for|
|\N \N||; greasing|
|1 medium||Size onion; peeled and chopped|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic; peeled and crushed|
|450 grams||Courgettes; sliced (1lb)|
|\N \N||Carrots; grated|
1. Wash and trim the spinach.
2. Cook, covered, over a low heat in just the water clinging to the leaves, for 10 minutes.
3. Drain well and liquidise or put through a food processor, with the nutmeg.
4. Heat the oil in the same pan and soften the onion and garlic in it.
5. Add the courgettes and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
6. Liquidise or process, and season.
7. Whisk the egg whites, and fold half into each puree.
8. Put the spinach pure into an oiled souffle dish and carefully spoon the courgette puree over it.
9. Stand the dish in a roasting tin, with water half way up the side of the dish and bake for 1 hour or until firm to touch, in a preheated oven Gas Mark 4/350øF/180øC.
10. Loosen the edges and turn it out carefully onto a warmed plate.
11. Garnish the mousse with grated carrot.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A bold contrast of colours, flavours and texture make this an attractive dish for a summer lunch party. Besides being served as a side dish, it could also be used as a starter course.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.