Yield: 4 Servings
|2||Skinless boneless chicken breasts; split|
|2 teaspoons||Olive oil|
|1 teaspoon||Ground coriander|
|1 pinch||Cayenne pepper|
|½ cup||Plain nonfat yogurt; or lowfat|
|4||Slender scallions; trimmed and minced|
|¼ cup||Cilantro; minced|
|8 ounces||Sliced mushrooms|
|4 larges||Flour tortillas whole-wheat; (10.5")|
|16 ounces||Nonfat refried beans; warmed|
1. Remove tenderloins from chicken breasts. Coat chicken in oil on a large plate. Mix ¾ tsp. coriander, ¼ tsp. salt and cayenne pepper and sprinkle on both sides of chicken. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, remaining coriander, remaining salt, scallions and cilantro in a small bowl. Let stand covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. water in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 7 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated. Keep warm.
4. Lightly brush a ridged-grill pan with vegetable oil, wipe it off and heat over moderate heat. Grill chicken, 6 minutes each side for breasts and 5 minutes each side for tenderloins, or until cooked through. Cut chicken diagonally into strips ½-in. thick. Quickly warm tortillas on grill pan, about 30 seconds each side.
5. Spread the centers of tortillas with warm refried beans. Top with mushrooms, chicken and yogurt mixture. Fold sides in together to meet in the middle and serve hot.
RD's Spicy Chicken-Mushroom Wrap: 520 cals, 15% cff. 98% of the RDA for selenium. Selenium is difficult to include in a lowfat diet, since it's found mainly in meats, poultry and eggs. It is also found in mushrooms and beans. This entree is an excellent source.
Source: Article called Spa Secrets by Lori Longbotham www.americanhealth.com
Recipe by: American Health on-line (Readers Digest) Mar 98 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by KitPATh <phannema@...> on Mar 05, 1998