Yield: 3 Servings
|1 cup||Basmati rice|
|1 medium||Onion, finely chopped|
|2||Cloves of garlic, finely chopped|
|½ cup||Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped|
Recipe donated by Susan Katz, Ohio 1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the Basmati rice, cover the pan tightly, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the rice for 25 minutes. Drain well.
3. While the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
4. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
5. Stir in (one ingredient at a time), the capers, raisins, & cilantro.
Saute each ingredient for 1 minute. Add the cooked Basmati rice and remove the pan from the heat.
6. Fill the Peppers. To fill a pepper: cut off the stem end of the pepper.
Remove the insides, seeds and membrane. Fill with the Basmati rice. Preheat the oven to 375F. Put peppers upright on a baking sheet and roast until done, about 25 to 40 minutes.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter 05 Jan 97 From: Gourmet Connection <capco@...> Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 13:48:55 +0500