Yield: 12 Servings
|⅛ cup||Brown sugar; soft|
|¾ cup||Self-rising flour|
|3½ ounce||Wholemeal flour|
|1⅛ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|⅞ ounce||Caster sugar|
1. Slightly soften fruit in hot water and brown sugar. Transfer to casserole dish, leave to cool.
2. Sieve together flours, salt and ground ginger. Rub fat into flour until it resembles » 100g (4oz) wholemeal flour breadcrumbs, stir in sugar.
3. Add beaten egg and enough milk to give soft dough.
4. Turn onto floured board and knead lightly.
5. Roll out to 1cm (¼ in) thickness and cut into rounds using 5cm (2in) cutter.
6. Arrange scones on top of fruit overlapping slightly. Brush with little milk to glaze.
7. Bake: at 190°C 30-35 minutes Posted to RecipeLu list by: by ncanty@... (Nadia I Canty) on Mar 13, 1998, converted by MC_Buster.
Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Mar 14, 1998