Yield: 1 servings
|½ cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||paprika cooking oil|
|1||4-pound rabbit, cleaned and cut int; o 6 to 8 pieces|
|1 large||onion, sliced|
|1||green bell pepper, seeded and slice; d|
|¼ cup||drippings from pan|
|¼ cup||all-purpose flour|
|2 cups||water salt and pepper hot cooked ri; ce or mashed pot|
1. For rabbit. combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bag and shake well.
2. Place rabbit, one piece at a time in bag. Shake to coat well.
3. Heat small amount of oil in 12 inch skillet on medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper. Remove from skillet.
4. Add rabbit. Brown each piece well, don't crowd. Remove as each piece browns.
5. For gravy, add flour to drippings. Stir until brown. Stir in water.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Add rabbit and sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan. Simmer until rabbit is tender. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Recipe contributed by Nancy Wilson - Entertainer Source: Black Family Reunion Cook Book
Posted on GEnie Food & Wine RT Jun 09, 1993 by COOKIE-LADY [Cookie] MM by MMCONV and Sylvia Steiger, GEnie THE.STEIGERS, CI$ 71511,2253, GT Cookbook echo moderator at net/node 004/005 NYC Nutrilink: N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000 NYC Nutrilink: N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000,N0^00000 NYC Nutrilink: N0^00000,N0^00000