Yield: 1 Servings
|¼ cup||Finely chopped pecans|
1. Lightly spray baking sheet.
2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occassionally, until sugar melts. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, until syrup turns medium amber, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Immediately remove from heat and stir in pecans. Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading in a thin layer. Let stand until praline is cool and brittle.
4. Slide a metal spatula under praline to loosen it from pan; crack into small pieces.
5. Place in a food processor and pulse until coarsely crushed or ground.
This will keep tightly covered, at room temp., for up to 3 days. Makes 1 cup. 35 calories per tablespoon; 1 gram fat.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest by Barry Shub <shubbse@...> on Feb 17, 1998