Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Thick-sliced bacon, diced|
|⅓ cup||Chopped Italian parsley|
|\N \N||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|\N \N||Fresh ground pepper to taste|
1. Saute the bacon in a small skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on a paper towel.
2. Boil the water and cook linguini until firm and tender.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs thoroughly in a large bowl suitable for serving. Have the cooked bacon and the chopped parsley ready at hand.
4. When the pasta is done, drain it immediately in a colander, and pour into the bowl of eggs and immediately begin tossing it. As the strands of pasta become coated with the beaten eggs, their heat will cook the eggs.
5. Sprinkle the bacon and parsley on, and serve immediately. This is great with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Source: The Silver Palate Cookbook