Yield: 6 Servings
|5 ounces||Frozen chopped spinach|
|6 \N||Green onions|
|2 \N||Sticks green celery|
|⅓ \N||Head lettuce|
|1 \N||Stick softened butter|
|¾ cup||Bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon||Lea & perrins worcestershire sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Anchovy paste|
|1 dash||Hot sauce|
|1½ tablespoon||Absinthe flavored liqueur|
|3 \N||Dozen oysters|
|¼ cup||Grated parmesan cheese|
1. Blend until smooth, spinach, onions, celery, parsley and lettuce in electric blender, or mince finely.
2. Mix together softened butter and ¼ cup of bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Add blended greens and stir to mix.
3. Add remaining ingredients with the exception of oysters, cheese and remaining bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
4. Drain oysters from shell. Place oysters back on half shells, set on pan of rock salt which has been heated for 20 minutes in 450°F oven.
5. Spread 2 tbs sauce over each oyster. Combine parmesan cheese and remaining bread crumbs and top each oyster with 1 tsp of the mixture.
6. Bake in 450°F oven for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 545 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Jan 17, 1998