Yield: 6 Servings
|1 cup||Olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|3 tablespoons||Red wine vinegar|
|¼ teaspoon||Tabasco sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Dijon mustard|
|3 cups||Cooked white rice; cooled *OR*|
|3 cups||Cooked clear noodles; cooled|
|8 ounces||Mushrooms; sliced|
|4 ounces||Water chestnuts; thinly sliced|
|4 ounces||Red bell pepper; chopped finely|
|1 pounds||Blanched sea scallops; thickly sliced|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh parsley; chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh chives; chopped|
1. If scallops are thicker than ¾ inch, slice in half.
2. Blanche scallops in boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until firm and cool immediately.
3. Prepare a dressing with the oil, vinegar, tabasco, mustard, and ginger.
4. Set aside the parsley and chives.
5. Combine the remaining ingredients carefully so that the scallops do not become shredded, then mix with the dressing.
6. Garnish with parsley and chives.
7. Serve chilled.
Suggested Wine: Warm Saki
NOTES : In selecting scallops always check the ammount of liquid, fresh scallops have very little liquid.
Recipe by: Red Lobster
Posted to recipelu-digest by "Valerie Whittle" <catspaw@...> on Feb 17, 1998