Yield: 2 Servings
|4 smalls||Red potatoes|
|4 smalls||Yukon gold potatoes|
|¼ pounds||Green beans|
|¼ pounds||Wax beans|
|½ pounds||Halibut fillet|
|3 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon juice|
|¼ teaspoon||Dry mustard|
|⅛ teaspoon||Ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Red salmon caviar (opt.)|
|2||Cooked dungeness or snow crab claws|
1. In 2½-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover by 1 inch; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes gently until just tender-about 15 minutes. Drain and refrigerate to cool.
2. In same pan, heat 2 inches water to boiling. Meanwhile, snap off ends to remove strings from green and wax beans. (Omit procedure if the beans are a stringless variety.) Drop beans into boiling water; cook just until crisp-tender-about 3 to 5 minutes-and drain. Rinse with cold water, drain thoroughly, and refrigerate until cold.
3. On lightly oiled, heatproof plate, place fish and set into top of steamer or steamer s; basket in saucepot over simmering water. Steam 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Meanwhile, prepare lemon dressing: in jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate halibut until cold.
4. In medium-size bowl, combine potatoes, beans, and 2 T lemon dressing; toss until well combined.
5. To serve, line serving platter with lettuce leaves and spoon potatoes and beans onto lettuce toward rim. Flake halibut and place in center of potatoes and beans. Sprinkle halibut with caviar, if desired, and garnish with crab. Drizzle remaining dressing over halibut and serve.
Country Living/August/94 Scanned & fixed by Di Pahl & <gg> Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V4 #6 by tbankerd@... on Feb 06, 1999