Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Graham crumbs|
|1 tablespoon||Tub margarine|
|1 tablespoon||Light corn syrup|
|¼ cup||Cold water|
|¼ cup||Instant NF dry milk|
|20 ounces||Canned crushed pineapple; undrained|
|1 teaspoon||Unflavored gelatin|
|3 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|¾ teaspoon||Finely grated lemon zest|
|6 ounces||LF cream cheese; cubed, room temp.|
|¾ cup||NF plain yogurt|
1. In food processor, combine crumbs and margarine and mix lightly by pulsing.
2. In small cup, stir together corn syrup and water until well blended.
Pour over crumbs and pulse again utnil well blended and holds together (Add a few drops of water if too dry). Press into bottom of sprayed 9" springform pan and bake at 350F for 7-10 mins until firm and lightly tinged brown. Cool on rack.
3. In small bowl, gradually whisk water into dry milk until smooth. Chill in freezer for 40-50 mins until frozen but not completely hard (if mixture freezes hard, break up with spoon and set aside until softened just slightly)
4. Drain liquid from pineapple into small saucepan, reserving pineapple.
Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice. Let stand for 5 mins, or until softened. Place over med heat and stir constantly until mixture is hot and gelatin dissolves. Set aside, stirring occasionally to prevent settling.
5. Combining sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and zest in food processor and process until well-mixed. With machine running, drop in cream cheese and blend until smooth. Stir in pinapple and set aside.
6. Transfer frozen milk to large mixing bowl. Beat with mixer on high for 5-7 mins to soft peaks. (Be patient) 7. Stir yogurt into gelatin mixture until smooth. Immediately add to whipped milk and continue beating for 2 mins longer. Beat in cream cheese mixture just until blended and smooth.
8. Pour into crust and smooth surface. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Drizzle with Quick Pineapple Glaze Per 1 of 12 servings:
160 calories, 4.3g fat (20% CFF) 11 mg cholesterol
Contributor: "100% Pleasure" N Baggett and R Glick Posted to Digest eat-lf.v097.n011 by Cathleen <catht@...> on Jan 12, 1998