Yield: 9 Servings
|1 cup||Walnuts; coarsely chopped|
|2 cups||Unsweetened coconut*; shredded|
|½ cup||Orange juice|
|¼ cup||Sabra liqueur|
1. Using a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add ½ cup sugar and beat until mixture holds stiff peaks.
2. In a smaller bowl, beat egg yolka with remaimg sugar until eggs are light and fluffy. Add nuts and coconuts to egg yplks, combining gently.
Fold in egg whites.
3. Place cake batter into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until crust is light brown on top.
Remove from oven and let sit in pan for a few minutes.
4. Combine orange juice and Sabra liqueur and pour over torte while it is still in the pan.When torte is thoroughly cool, place in refrigerator until readdy to serve.
5. Decorate with strawberries.
* If using sweetened coconut, reduce sugar to ½ cup, adding ¼ cup to whites and ¼ to yolks.
Recipe by: Joan Nathan - Jewish Holiday Kitchen Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "ndunn@..." <ndunn@...> on Apr 9, 1998