Yield: 6 Servings
|1½ cup||Chocolate wafers; finely crushed|
|½ tablespoon||Granulated sugar|
|2||Squares (1-oz) sweet chocolate|
|2 packs||(8-oz) cream cheese|
|¾ cup||Sugar (up to)|
|3 teaspoons||Instant coffee|
|Chocolate cookies; for garnish|
|Mint leaves; for garnish|
|Raspberries or other berries; for garnish|
|Chocolate leaves; for garnish|
1. Combine wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Butter sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
2. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
3. Melt chocolate over hot, but not boiling water. Stir until smooth.
4. Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth.
5. Add eggs, one at a time to cream cheese. Gradually add sugar, mixing until well blended.
6. Add melted chocolate, instant coffee and salt. Stir until blended.
7. Turn mixture into prepared pan.
8. Bake cake at 350 degrees in center of oven for about 40 minutes or until cake center is almost set. It will firm when chilled.
9. Let cheesecake cool on counter for about 45 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
10. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate leaves and/or fresh raspberries.
FROM "GREAT AMERICAN RECIPES"
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .