Yield: 1 Servings
|3 pounds||Honey (lighter the better)|
|½ ounce||Citric acid (up to)|
|3 drops||Tannin -or-|
1. Put honey into large pot add hot water to make up total to 1 gallon stir well until honey melts, simmer low for further 5 mins.
2. Add the juice of lemon and orange, the tannin and citric acid.
3. Strain liquid into fermentation vessel,place in warm spot and plug the top with cotton wool. Wait 4 days then......
4. Now fit fermentation lock onto vessel. ASIDE ( glass jar large enough to take all the liquid is all that is needed. To make ferm. vessel, as for the lock, use a rubber bung with a hole punched into the top..now buy an air lock (used in beer fermenting) and use that as the lock, cost $2½).
5. After the mixture stops bubbling (approx 3-5 days) syphon into sterilised container add one Campden tablet and close the container with air lock.
6. Let stand until clear then syphon into sterilised bottles,add 1 teaspoon ofsugar per 750ml bottle and cap...wait 14 days then drink.
(I. DARLENE KIRK)
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .