Yield: 12 Servings
|1 \N||9-inch pie crust|
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||Butter or margarine|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|⅓ cup||Butter; melted|
|1 cup||Light corn syrup|
|1 \N||Jar (8-oz) macadamia nuts|
|¾ cup||Chocolate chips|
submitted by: lloyd2@... (Lloyd A. Carver, Prattville, AL) Recipe By: Great American Group 14 card 69 With this pie, I must issue a warning. "All with well honed tastes, please do not try this. It could become habit forming." This pie is definitely tropical, but could have first come to tunisian anywhere that has tropical fruit either growing or in the local market.
1. Sift together flour and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until small granules form.
2. Add water. Mix gently until mixture forms a ball. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. Roll out dough to fit a 9 inch pie dish. Crimp edges.
4. Prebake crust at 4250F for 7 minutes.
5. For filling, beat eggs, sugar, salt, melted butter, cornsyrup and vanilla. Stir in macadamia nuts, coconuts and chocolate chips.
6. Pour filling into prebaked crust.
7. Bake at 3750F for 45 minutes.
8. Cool completely before serving. Serve pie with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
RECIPEINTERNET LIST SERVER
RECIPE ARCHIVE - 8 APRIL 1996
From the 'RECIPEinternet: Recipes from Around the World' recipe list.
Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .