Yield: 1 Servings
|1 \N||Box (3 oz) lemon jello|
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|2 cups||Graham cracker crumbs|
|½ cup||(1 stick) margerine; melted|
|⅔ cup||Confectioners sugar|
|1 pack||(8 oz) cream cheese; softened|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 can||(15 oz) evaporated milk; well chilled|
1. Dissolve lemon jello in boiling water. Place in refrigerator until it starts to thicken. Place the can of milk in the freezer, along with the large mixing bowl and beaters, to chill. When jello begins to thicken and milk is chilled, proceed with recipe.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs with confectioners sugar. Add melted margerine and mix well with a fork. Press 1½ cups of the crumb mixture into a 9x13 pan. Reserve remaining crumbs for top.
3. In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together until well blended. Add thickened jello, and beat on medium speed until well blended.
4. In large mixer bowl, whip evaporated milk with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Add jello/cheese mixture to the whipped milk, and blend on very low speed until well blended, scraping bottom and sides often.
5. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top. Chill until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
Note: This is a whole lot easier than it looks...and it is the perfect dessert to a big meal. It is also fantastic made with raspberry jello.....
Posted to EAT-L Digest by "Sharon H. Frye" <shfrye@...> on Sep 17, 1997