Yield: 6 Servings
|3 pounds||Boneless leg of lamb; butterflied|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|3 tablespoons||White wine vinegar|
|2 tablespoons||Dijon mustard|
|1||Clove garlic; minced|
|2 teaspoons||Dried tarragon|
1. Trim any excess fat from lamb; lay on work surface, meaty side up. With a sharp knife slice almost but not all the way through any thicker parts so that the lamb cooks evenly.
2. In a large shallow nonmetallic dish combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, tarragon and pepper.
3. Add lamb, turning to coat well. Refrigerate covered for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
4. Thirty minutes before cooking remove from the fridge, remove lamb from the dish, reserving marinade. Pat lamb dry with paper towels.
5. Place lamb on preheated, oiled BBQ grill, grill with lid down over medium high heat, turning lamb every 5 minutes and brushing with marinade half wat through cooking until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare (20-25 minutes), 150F for medium (30-35 minutes).
6. Remove lamb to board; cover loosely with foil, let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe by: Homemakers Magazine - May 1995 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Feb 20, 1998