Yield: 15 Servings
|2 gallons||Cold water|
|1½ cup||Kosher salt|
|2 pounds||Milk curd|
|¼ cup||Basil pesto; (optional but wonderful)|
1. combine water in a large shallow pan with the salt.
2. Carefully place curd in water.
3. bring to a moderate heat.
4. with your hands in the pot of cooking water massage curd until soft, shiny, and very elastic. (approx 20 minutes) 5. MOVE QUICKLY- remove 1 at a time from heat, spread on to plastic wrap about ¼ - ½" thick.
6. spread thinly with pesto, roll up the long side, into a pinwheel. wrap plastic on the outside tie off the ends.
7. return to water for 2-3 minutes, shock in ice cold water and refrigerate.
slice in ½" round slices and place around a bed of greens or use as an appetizer... Very tasty!
Recipe by: S.C.I. - Jamie, Az
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 565 by CuisineArt <CuisineArt@...> on Jan 20, 1998