Yield: 1 servings
|1 pounds||To 1-1/2 lb; Makes 1 pint|
1. Choose young, tender, green pods.
2. Wash well. Cut off the stems, but don't cut open the seed cells.
Sort by size.
3. Blanch small pods 3 minutes; large pods 4 minutes. Cool; drain well.
4. Slice crosswise in ½ to ¾ inch slices, or leave whole.
5. Tray freeze or pack into containers, leaving ¼-inch head space.
Seal, label and freeze.
6. Cook frozen okra about 5 minutes.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995 Submitted By DOROTHY FLATMAN On 10-02-95