Yield: 6 Servings
|5 ounces||Egg fettuccini|
|5 ounces||Spinach fettuccini|
|1 pint||Whipping cream|
|3 tablespoons||Chicken stock; plus more as needed|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese|
|6 \N||Medium-size mushrooms; halved|
|1 cup||Coarsely chopped walnuts|
|\N \N||Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Stir in both types of noodles and cook al dente-tender, but with a faint crispness in the center. Drain.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cream. Heat to a simmer without allowing to boil.
3. Stir in the chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Add the drained noodles and mix well.
4. Reduce the heat. Folding in the cheese;continue folding until the sauce begins to thicken. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little more chicken stock.
5. Stir in the mushroom halves. 6. Turn out onto warmed plates. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Add a twist of pepper over each portion. Top with grated cheese if desired. This dish should be served immediately to prevent coagulation of the sauce.
NORTH SCOTTSDALE RD., SCOTTSDALE WINE: AMARONE
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .