Yield: 1 Servings
Egg Beaters is a zero cholesterol, zero fat, 99% real egg product that contains no preservatives. Made from 99% real egg whites, plus added vitamins and minerals, Egg Beaters is homogenized, pasteurized, packaged and quickly frozen to preserve freshness.
* Convenience Egg Beaters is convenient to use because it can be stored in the freezer for up to one year. All you do is defrost it and pour it out whenever you want the great taste and nutrition of eggs without any of the cholesterol or fat.
* Easy To Use Egg Beaters can be used for almost all cooking and baking recipes requiring whole eggs. For easy measuring, use slightly less than ¼ cup of Egg Beaters to replace each whole egg. In recipes calling for up to 2 egg yolks, use 3 tablespoons of Egg Beaters per yolk.
* Ideal For Baking Adapt most bread, cake, and cookie recipes to a low saturated fat/low cholesterol diet by substituting Fleischmann's Margarine for butter or shortening, skim milk for whole milk and Egg Beaters for whole eggs.
* Egg Beaters cannot be whipped like regular egg whites. Consequently, Egg Beaters is not suitable for recipes in which eggs are separated and the egg white is whipped for uses such as meringues and souffles.
* Scrambled Egg Beaters or Omelettes To prevent sticking to the pan when making scrambled Egg Beaters or omelettes, use nonstick cookware and heat margarine until bubbly before adding Egg Beaters.
* Hard-Cooked Egg Beaters Pour Egg Beaters into an 8-inch nonstick skillet; cover tightly and cook over very low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into cubes and use to make egg salad, or to garnish green salads, soups, and vegetables.
From: Gourmet Connection <capco@...>