Yield: 6 Servings
|1 cup||Lean pork|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|Oil for deep-frying|
1. Place eggs in cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently 12 to 15 minutes. Shell, but leave eggs whole.
2. Meanwhile mince pork and scallion stalks; then combine with cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce and salt, blending well.
3. Coat each egg with about 3 tablespoons of the pork mixture, using a knife to spread mixture as evenly as possible.
4. Heat oil. Gently lower in coated eggs and deep-fry, basting with hot oil, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Serve on a bed of lettuce strips.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .