Yield: 4 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Olive oil; * see note|
|12 ounces||Lean boneless sirloin steak; trimmed and cut into strips|
|2 cups||Sliced mushrooms|
|½ cup||Low sodium chicken broth; divided|
|⅓ cup||Chopped yellow onion|
|1 \N||Clove garlic; minced|
|4 ounces||Wide egg noodles|
|¼ cup||Light sour cream|
|¼ cup||Plain nonfat yogurt|
|1 teaspoon||Dried dill|
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; saute until browned, about 2 minutes. Place on a plate.
2. In same skillet over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and ¼ cup of broth for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in paprika until well blended. Add the remaining broth; cook for 4 minutes.
3. While the mushroom mixture is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt.
4. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yogurt. Mix well; set aside.
Return the beef and any accumulated juices from plate to skillet; reduce heat to low and stir gently. Stir sour cream mixture into skillet; heat through.
5. Drain the noodles in a colander. Place on serving p;ates and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with dill and serve immediately.
NOTES : * Original recipe called for 2 tsp Olive Oil Calories: 265.7 (24⅒% from fat) Fat: 7.2g Cholesterol: 80mg Carbohydrate: 25.2g Fiber: 1.6g Sodium: 137mg
Recipe by: Healthy Meals in Minutes Posted to EAT-LF Digest by "Lisa Whittington" <esordliw@...> on May 25, 1998